Homeowners Insurance


Your home is one of your largest investments and you need comprehensive coverage tailored to your individual home and possessions.  There are several types of homeowners policies offered by a wide variety of insurance companies and not all coverages are the same.  We can explain the coverages and help you build a policy specific to your needs. 

Your Homeowners Policy Protects:

  • Your Home- Imagine your house on moving day…empty, waiting to be filled. This is the part referred to as Coverage A: your physical home (rooms, fireplaces, tile floors, carpeting, etc.) and the structures attached to it, such as an attached garage.
  • Detached Structures- Not all structures that exist on your property are actually attached to your house. Therefore, Coverage B offers insurance protection for other structures such as a detached garage, gazebo, or storage shed.
  • Personal Belongings- Coverage C, your personal possessions such as furniture, clothing and appliances are covered. Certain types of possessions are excluded or have limited coverage.
  • Loss of Use- The coverage is also called Additional Living Expense or Coverage D. Essentially, this pays for your housing and other living expenses (like meals and laundry) if a major loss makes your house uninhabitable and you have to move out temporarily while it’s being repaired.
  • Personal Liability- Provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage for which you are legally responsible. For example, let’s say your dog bites someone, a guest falls down your front stairs, or your son throws a ball through your neighbor’s window. You are legally responsible for these actions. Personal Liability, Coverage E, helps to cover the associated costs of these related damages

Selection of Coverage Options:

  • Contents Replacement- Provides full replacement cost for personal belongings up to the limit shown on the declaration page.
  • Additional Replacement Cost Protection- Provides the extra insurance you need to rebuild your house if your coverage amount is inadequate.
  • Personal Injury Protects you against libel and slander.
  • Identity Theft Protection- Provides assistance from a consumer fraud specialist and covers expenses related to restoring your good name and financial reputation.
  • Personal Articles Floater- Provides even more comprehensive coverage. It is the right coverage for people who wish to schedule items that have been carefully selected and whose values exceed the limits of their Homeowners policy.
  • Umbrella Policy- Umbrella or excess liability coverage provides liability coverage over and above what’s covered by your auto, homeowners or other policy for personal liability and lawsuits. Such coverage can be purchased a separate policy. Offers an additional $1 million to $5 million of liability protection.
  • Flood Coverage- Flood damage is typically not covered under a homeowners policy. This affordable coverage covers damage to your property and provides cleanup reimbursement.  
  • Recreational Items- for recreational items likes 4 wheelers and snowmobiles

If you would like more information about Homeowners Insurance......

Give us a call today at (513)770-9319